Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
    .

    Then there are these panty wetting people

    Arthur Frommer who is the author of several travel guides states in his blog that while "civilians carry loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest" he will not be visiting the state of Arizona.
    Evidently Mr. Frommer has been watching too much MSNBC. As far as I know, none of the people were using the weapons in an improper or intimidating manner and within the confines of the laws of Arizona. Even the Secret Service was not overly concerned about them.
    He also states "I not only believe such practices are a threat to the future of our democracy, but I am firmly convinced that they would also endanger my own personal safety there."
    I am concerned that Mr. Frommer, who is a former member of the US Army, obviously does not believe in the ammendments that he supposedly swore to defend when he was drafted into the Army. And obviously his history is a little rusty as he does not know that those rights are there to help keep this republic.
    As to his safety, I would hazard a guess that he probably would have been in the safest area in Arizona at that time.
    I definitely advocate open carry within what the law will allow and to do so at a political rally is no different than if they had been at the 7-11. Granted not too many people openly carry an AR-15 in public areas, and is not my preferred style for carry purposes, but I say more power to them.
    The only way the public in general and the panty wetters in D.C. are going to realize that we have this guaranteed right is by showing them that these tools can be owned and used by law-abiding people and to quit restricting our access to them, as opposed to prosecuting the people who misuse or use them for unlawful purposes.

    0 comments: